Thursday, January 26, 2012

Week of CHAOS and little training.....

Hello everyone!!!

I know that it has been a good while since I have posted anything. This week has been really hectic. It started on Monday when I drove to Mobile, AL. My car broke down with my bike on the rack and had to be towed to a car shop. I had to rent a car and drive back to Hattiesburg for class while leaving my bike at my dad's house in Mobile. I ran 65 minutes on Tuesday and that actually was a great run. On Wednesday I drove back to Mobile, AL to pick up my car and return the rental car. I got back to Hattiesburg fairly late and went to the YMCA. I played basketball for about 30 + minutes and then I headed out to meet a few friends (one that is moving this upcoming weekend) to go to church.

On my way back to Laurel, my car's check engine light came on and so the saga of the car issues continue.

I ran a short run today, but have fallen behind with my school work due to all the traveling and not to mention falling behind with training this week. I am leaving tomorrow morning and heading back to Mobile to take my car back to the shop. I hope to have an intense training weekend and a weekend to complete my school work. I can honestly say that this has been a very hard week for maintaining my schedule. I understand the importance of time management for the Ironman and I am really glad that I began training 5 weeks early.

With all of this being said, I have actually felt much better this week in terms of my emotions. I really appreciate the fb messages and text messages that you all have sent to me. It really did help me pull through during this week and realize what wonderful friends I have. Thank you to all of you that acted as a motivation for me. I will update you about this upcoming weekend and hopefully things will begin to settle out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment